Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Snickerdoodles

These cookies are probably my signature cookie. Every where they go they get rave reviews and requests for the recipe. The original recipe wasn't vegan and came from some place online (I cannot remember where). I modified the recipe I found and here is how I make my cookies:

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup soy margarine (softened)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup soy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
cinnamon sugar

In a mixer bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Add in the cornstarch and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients, mixing well. Roll the dough into 3/4" balls and roll each ball into the cinnamon sugar, coating all sides. Set the cookies 1" apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for about 10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.

No comments: