Thursday, May 17, 2007

Holy Mother Of Nachos!

Last night Matt and I made a giant plate of super decadent nachos. I feel like I gained 10 lbs but they really were the most spectacular nachos of all time. We used a big pile of Tostitos chips and topped with them half a can of Amy's Organic Refried Beans. We covered that with half a block of melted Follow Your Heart Cheddar. Then we topped that with homemade guacamole, homemade salsa and Tofutti Sour Supreme (vegan sour cream).

For the guacamole I tried following the mock guac recipe from the current issue of Veg Times which calls for some boiled shelled peas (processed in food processor), chopped tomatoes, minced garlic, salt, pepper, hot sauce, cilantro, lime juice and chopped scallions but the peas alone were not quite Guacalicious so I added in some mashed Avocado and it turned out to be the best guac I have ever had.

For the salsa, Matt chopped a bunch of vine ripened tomatoes, garlic, a jalapeno pepper, scallions, onions, and cilantro and then added in some lime juice, olive oil, and chili powder.

Eat your heart out, Taco Bell.

No comments: